Soft, moist and full of flavour, mini carrot cakes that will leave you breathless!
- 3 middle sized eggs
- 50 ml agave syrup
- a pinch of Himalayan salt
- 115 g finely grated carrots
- 1 tsp bourbon vanilla sugar or seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 85 g yogurt
- 115 g mixed hazelnuts and walnuts
- 75 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 65 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 80 g spelt flour
- 45 g wholegrain spelt flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 4-5 pieces of dried figs
- 2-3 ribs of dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa) with orange flavour or regular
Wash and clean the carrots, grate them finely then weight them.
Pour the orange juice over the carrots, add the ginger, cinnamon and vanilla.
In the meantime, beat the eggs with salt and agave syrup.
Melt the coconut oil over a bagnomaria.
Add the flavoured carrots to the egg mixture, along with the nuts and oil.
Lastly, add the yogurt with the baking powder and flour in and beat one last time until all ingredients are well combined.
Chop the chocolate and figs into small chunks and stir them into the mixture manually.
Pour the mixture into stable freestanding carts for baking. Fill them a little over the middle with the mixture and bake on 180 C degrees for about 25 minutes.
Take them out, leave them to cool on a wire rack in the carts that you will remove before serving.